I am running for re-election as school trustee for
North Vancouver School District
I know North Vancouver School District (NVSD) as a student, parent and trustee.
Born and raised in the Capilano Highlands neighbourhood of North Vancouver, I attended Montroyal Elementary School and Handsworth Secondary School and was active in my school community.
I bring first-hand experience with NVSD learning enrichment programs including learning assistance, music, student leadership and travel opportunities.
Following university (Bachelor of Arts in Geography and Political Science from Queen’s University, and Master of Arts in Journalism from Western University), I established my career in communications and public relations through work in Vancouver, India, Thailand and the UK.
Now living back in North Vancouver, my husband Scott and I are raising our two children in Lynn Valley. My family and I acknowledge and thank the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation, on whose traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory we live, work, learn and play.
While serving as president of Lynn Valley Parent Participation Preschool, I learned how formative an early years education can be and how important it is to ensure our primary school teachers have the right educational resources.
Today my children are graduates of École Ross Road Elementary School and students at Argyle Secondary School. They have benefitted from learning assistance support, an individual education plan and programs for Indigenous students.
I was elected to the Board of Education via a by-election in May 2021, and I became Vice Chair in November 2021. I serve as School Trustee representative for Montroyal School, Canyon Height School, Highlands School, École Cleveland School and École Handsworth School. For NVSD, I serve as a commissioner for the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission, and represent the board on the North Vancouver PAC and NVSD French Immersion committee.
In addition to being a school trustee, I work in Communications & Public Affairs at Capilano University. I see the partnerships between NVSD and Capilano University and how they improve learning opportunities for students in North Vancouver.
Accomplishment: 2018 Winner of the Good Neighbour Award from Lynn Valley Life
- School trustee, elected in May 2021
- Attendee, Strong Start, Boundary Elementary
- President, Lynn Valley Parent Participation Preschool
- PAC Chair, Ecole Ross Road School
- Attendee, North Vancouver PAC events
- Participant, NVSD 10-year strategic planning session for community stakeholders
- Assistant, Social media for Argyle PAC
- Communications & Public Affairs, Capilano University
- Volunteer, Strachan Hartley Legacy Foundation
- Treasurer, Girl Guides of Canada (2016-2019)
- Trustee & Vice Chair, North Vancouver District Public Library (2015-2018)
- Member, Vancouver Speakers Bureau for Unicef (2004-2005)
- Board member, Capilano Community Services Society (2004-2006)
- Chair, Community Relations Committee, Capilano Community Services Society (2004-2006)
- Volunteer, North Shore Multicultural Society (1998)
September 10, 2022: Here’s who is running in the District of North Vancouver civic elections
May 16, 2021 North Shore News: Letter: Let’s not forget there’s a school trustee by-election this month in North Vancouver
May 2, 2021 North Shore Daily Post: Linda Munro: Strengthening education, building community
April 23, 2021: North Shore News: Here’s who’s running for North Vancouver school board